Hot Topics About Wedding Flowers
• Why should I choose Events by Broderick's for my wedding? We want to make your wedding day everything you dreamed of, and more. Our focus is on premium product, unsurpassed service, and creating a custom look that will communicate your style, as well be appropriate in scale and theme to your venue.
• How far in advance do I need to secure my date for an Events by Brodericks wedding? Whether your wedding is two weeks away or two years away, we encourage your inquiries at anytime. Prior to setting up your initial appointment it is helpful to know which month your wedding is taking place and to have a sense of the venue.
• Is a deposit required to secure the date?
Following an initial consult with a designer, 30% of your proposal is required as a deposit to secure your date. However, should you choose to secure the date prior to your initial appointment then we ask for a flat $250 fee to hold the date on our calendar.
• How do I schedule my initial consultation with a floral designer?
Please give us a call at 201.384.1616 or click here to schedule your initial consultation. We will do our best to accommodate difficult schedules. Saturday appointments are available during less busy times of year.
• What encompasses floral needs for a wedding? We divide a wedding into three categories: personal flowers (bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, nosegays, head wreaths, baskets), flowers for the ceremony (aisle decorations, ceremony arrangements, altar arrangements, Chuppahs, aisle runners), and flowers for the reception (cocktail tables, place card table, centerpieces, restrooms, buffets).
• I have a favorite flower and I want to know if this spe cific flower is available for my wedding date. Events by Broderick'shas plentiful resources and has been importing flowers as long as we've been in business, for over 50 years. Definitely let your consultant know if you have a favorite flower so that availability as well as alternatives can be explored.
• What should I bring to the initial consultation and what can I expect to get accomplished during that meeting? The initial consultation can be purely informational but will be most productive if you bring some information and ideas to the table. Bring in any props that will help inspire your designer such as swatches of fabric from your gown and your bridesmaid gowns, linen samples, photos, magazine tear sheets. You will leave the meeting with a better feeling for the scope of the flowers for your wedding.
• I would like to come in and take a look through some portfolios of your work. Can I just drop by? Although we may be able to accommodate walk in brides, it is best that you call and schedule an appointment in order to ensure a consultant is available. To schedule an appointment, click here.
• Can I be assured that someone will listen to my ideas? Not only will we work with your concepts and theme, but we will use our expertise and knowledge in the art of floral design to steer you in the right direction to ensure that your needs and goals are met in a way that complements your style and your venue beautifully.
• Who will I be working with throughout the process? Although Brodericks Flowers has a team of wedding consultants and floral designers, you will only be dealing with the consultant with whom you met at your initial consultation.
• When should I expect a proposal? A preliminary proposal will be composed and sent to you with a contract via mail within 5-7 business days of your initial consultation.
• What is the payment schedule? In order to secure your date on our calendar, we require a 30% deposit. The remainder is due 2 weeks prior to you event.